Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Winner in 2009 Tom Howard Poetry Contest

The official, full results for the 2009 Tom Howard Poetry Contest have now been posted.

My storoem, The Nature Trail, won a $100 prize as one of seven poems in the "Most Highly Commended Award" category. Two other of my poems were "Highly Commended" (My Mother's Rodent Phobia) and "Commended" (Dog Pack Attack).

The complete listing of cash prize winners for the 2009 Winners may be seen by going to the home page of http://www.winningwriters.com and clicking on the contests at the left of the screen.

This is the second year in a row that at least one of my storoems/poems has won a cash prize in this contest. I really enjoy this contest and urge other poets to enter the 2010 Tom Howard Poetry Contest.

3 comments:

Vivian Zabel said...

Congratulations, Harry.

Please check my blog tomorrow for an award I'm sending your way.

Vivian
http://vivianzabel.blogspot.com

Gayle said...

Way to go, Harry! Woo-hoo!

Harry Gilleland said...

Thank you both, Vivian & Gayle, for your congrats. I appreciate them.

Vivian, thank you also for the award.

Cheers!

Harry